How much does it cost?
The replacement cost for a Toyota Corolla door handle varies between $2 to $30 on average per handle depending on your year model, where you’re located and whether you are looking to replace the interior or exterior door handle and the type of finish as well whether silver or chrome.
How much time does it take?
The time taken to replace the interior door handle is around 10 mins and for the exterior door handle it is around 20 to 30 mins.
|MODEL YEAR||Interior Door Handle cost||exterior door handle cost|
|1995 – 1997||$5||$8|
|1998 – 2002||$2||$7|
|2003 – 2008||$10||$30|
|2009 – 2013||$8 to $30||$30|
|2014 – 2015||$20 to $25||$15|
Instructions To Replace / Install Interior Door Handle On Toyota Corolla
1. First, use a screwdriver to remove the screw from the door handle.
2. Now, slide the door handle forward and pull it out slightly,
3. Behind the handle you will find a clip on a rod. Remove this clip from the rod and take out the handle.
4. Now, take the new handle and fit the rod into its clip. Pull up on the handle to lock the clip in place.
5. Finally slide the whole handle in and screw it tight.
Instructions To Replace / Install The Exterior Door Handle On Toyota Corolla:
First follow the instructions to remove the interior door handle and then proceed
1. Pry open the switch panel using a screwdriver and pull it forward. Disconnect the switch panel and keep it aside.
2. Now, pry open the armrest tab and also remove the mirror panel on the inside.
3. Remove the two screws holding the armrest in place and also to remove the clips holding the door panel in place.
4. Now take off the door panel and also pull back the water shield. Inside you will find a clip near the door handle, flip that clip off from the rod and pull the rod out.
5. You will also find another clip near the lock, flip that clip off as well and pull the rod out.
6. Remove the two 10mm bolts from the handle and the handle should now come out free.
7. Switch the lock mechanism over to the new handle and fit the new handle into the slot where the old handle used to be.
8. Finally, put all the clips, rods, screws and panels back in place.